Phlebotomist PT 3-7:30pm with rotating weekends West Orange
Company: Bend Memorial Clinic
Location: West Orange
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Essential Job functions: Part Time M-F 3:00-7:30pm with rotating
weekends West Orange
* Uses appropriate aseptic technique to draw blood cultures.
* Processes Stat specimens according to SMG SOP.
* Prepares collection containers with appropriate preservatives for
patients and gives instructions for proper collection of specimens
at home (Urine & Stool). Properly measures and records a volume for
a 24-hr collection.
* Properly collects a COC Urine Drug Screen.
* Properly administers and collects a H. pylori Breath test.
* Properly handles orders on minors.
* Uses the correct procedure for completing paperwork and labeling
of specimen for OVH Blood Bank specimens.
* Processes satellite specimens and delivers them to the
* Monitors inventory levels and follows appropriate protocol for
replenishing supplies in phlebotomy room and storage area.
* Deletes/cancels orders as necessary with full documentation of
reason. Ensures proper patient charge deletion according to
* Recalls patients for follow-up procedures or error correction as
required. Documents callbacks in the lab logbook.
* Utilizes LIS for all applicable functions to perform job duties,
including downtime procedures.
* Adapts work schedule to meet emergency staffing needs.
* Required Competencies:
* Demonstrates competency in all areas of adult phlebotomy*
* Demonstrates competency in all areas of pediatric phlebotomy*
* Demonstrates competency in all areas of infant phlebotomy*
* Demonstrates competency in performing skin punctures*
* Demonstrates competency in performing bleeding times including
entering the result in the LIS and the logbook.
* *Includes: Correct Order of Draw for multiple tube collection,
using good judgment in evaluating specimens using established
protocol, and demonstrating application of an adequate bandage to
puncture site with explanation of puncture site care to
General Job functions:
* Properly check-in a patient in a satellite lab, including
arriving the patient on the day-list.
* Properly process lab and office collected specimens for transport
to the main lab by courier.
* Contact a courier for a Stat pickup in a satellite office.
* Properly perform, log, and enter a result for a Rapid Strep and
or Hemoccult test in the LIS. Notifies physician of critical
* Trains new staff in proper lab policies and procedures.
* Other job duties as required.
Physical Job Requirements:
* Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending,
* Combative Patients / Visitors
* Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non-intact
skin or tissue specimens
* Contact with patients or patient specimens is possible
* Unplanned or unexpected exposure
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements: .
* High School Graduate/GED required. Vocational / Technical School
/ Diploma Program preferred.
* 0-1 years experience. 2-4 years preferred.
* Heart Saver or Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
* Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
* Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, and team
player skills required.
* Ability to work with high degree of accuracy required.
* One (1) year of previous receptionist experience preferred.
* Experience in patient scheduling and orders management skills
preferred. Knowledge of Application software for patient scheduling
and orders management preferred.
* Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy
Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail, label printer) preferred.
* Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based
* A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate
* Outstanding growth opportunities
* Time Off
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
* 401K plan with company matching contribution
* Cash Bonus Programs
* Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful
* Other Perks & Discounts
* Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using
* Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants.
Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit,
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at
Keywords: Bend Memorial Clinic, West Orange , Phlebotomist PT 3-7:30pm with rotating weekends West Orange, Other , West Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!