Medical Assistant/PSR - OB/GYN
Company: Bend Memorial Clinic
Location: West Orange
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Essential Job functions:
- Assists Physician, APN/PA with patient care, patient flow,
procedures and clerical duties.
- Responsible for greeting patients/family, scheduling patient
appointments and tests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Collects payments from patients, provides account balance, and
issues receipts. Posts payments to the correct accounts. Opens and
closes batches daily as required, prepares bank deposit bags.
- Answer the telephone promptly and deal with callers needs
expediously. Takes an accurate message when needed and delivers to
the appropriate individual. Demonstrates appropriate
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a
- Schedules and enters diagnostic tests and procedures into order
management system, following all appropriate workflows.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information including
demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room.
Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares
pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according
to departmental guidelines
- Collects lab specimens according to departmental guidelines.
Accurately labels specimens.
- Accurately completes any/all necessary forms for the
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight
accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in
- Works cooperatively with PCR and clinical staff to ensure
- Appropriately reviews and reconciles medication list.
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking.
- Confirms future appointments as needed. Reconciles Televox
- Communicates to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately
- Maintains an organized sample closet and discards outdated
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking.
- Appropriately enters and links orders.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all
necessary supplies. Monitors supply inventory, completes and
directs requisitions for supplies, forms, equipment or
General Job Functions:
- Verbalizes and demonstrates understanding medical emergency
- Complies with all SMG regulatory policies, procedures and
- Understands and performs within scope of practice.
- Other duties as required i.e. EKG, Phlebotomy.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items,
taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place
on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while
- Dexterity of hands and fingers. Balance is maintained during
climbing, bending and/or reaching.
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending,
Environmental Risks: Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
- Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non intact
skin, or tissue specimens.
- Contact with patients or patient specimens are possible.
- Unplanned or unexpected exposure.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training
- High School Graduate or GED. Bachelor's/ Associate Degree
- Medical Assistant Certification Required: Please be advised
that all SMG Medical Assistants are required to obtain and maintain
MA Certification. If you are hired without certification, it is a
requirement that you achieve certification through SMG's program
within 4 months from the end of the introductory period. Should you
not achieve certification in the MA position, you may be subject to
termination of employment. You will be contacted by Human Resources
or Clinical Services, and also advised of your options regarding
eligibility to apply for other non-MA certified positions within
- MA/PSR work experience preferred.
- Must obtain BLS within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy
Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using
- Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and
applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams
or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.
Keywords: Bend Memorial Clinic, West Orange , Medical Assistant/PSR - OB/GYN, Other , West Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!