Physical Therapist (PT) - Inpatient Rehab
Company: Select Medical Corporation
Location: West Orange
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
West Orange, NJ
Physical Therapist (PT)
Shift Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-4pm, 2 weekend days per
Status: Full Time
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k,
life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and
modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient's need and
physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of
all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned
patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs
allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as
an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self.
Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the
patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and
design of program delivery.
- Specific Duties
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate
treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient's status and goals,
modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize
patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other
clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community
resources. Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate
- Provides for patient education to include the development of
comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to the
patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a
safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of
necessary equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services
ensuring the continuum of care.
- Evaluates patient in the actual or simulated home, school, work
or community environments as necessary to facilitate a return to
community activities, making recommendations for necessary
adaptations or training.
- Identifies and manages various levels of care necessary to
ensure care plan delivery. Delegates and supervises the utilization
of PTAs, as well as support personnel to maximize patient outcomes
and ensure effective utilization of services.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a
Physical Therapist required.
- Certified BLS required.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation
Select Medical's Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide
advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the
medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Medical Corporation, West Orange , Physical Therapist (PT) - Inpatient Rehab, Other , West Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!