Company: PEF Services, a CSC company
Location: West Orange
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Position is REMOTE until we return to the office.
PEF Services is a team of dedicated, experienced and passionate
professionals driving change in the world of fund administration.
We're located in West Orange, New Jersey. We're recognized as the
leading fund administrator for small to mid-size private capital
funds, helping companies transform the back office into a center of
excellence through our expertise and industry-leading technology
Position Overview :
As part of its business expansion strategy, PEF is seeking an
Accounting Intern. The candidate will manage multiple client
deliverables ensuring superior client service. These deliverables
will include fund administration services provided to private
A Day in the Life:
On a typical day, the candidate's responsibilities would
- Preparation of compliance support schedules and filings
- Preparation of excel support schedules and workpapers
- Assist in preparing books and records for clients
- Special projects - including assisting in streamlining and
increasing efficiencies of current processes and procedures (i.e.,
automating calculations in excel spreadsheets, efficient workpaper
- Internal responsibilities (filing, status reports, time
Who We Want:
We support the entrepreneurial spirit, encouraging each employee to
take personal ownership and accountability for their work. Our
management team encourages all team members to contribute ideas to
enhance each process and solution.
- College student working towards an accounting degree
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or similar program helpful
- Those who are self-driven
- Someone who is technologically savvy/Proficient in Word and
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Eagerness to learn/quick learner
- A person who pays close attention to detail
- Leaders - Those who can take charge when needed, and be
confident in the work being performed.
- Challengers - Who can gain awareness, knowledge and skills
while pushing themselves to seek out the difficult tasks.
- Teammates - Someone who will listen to new ideas, share with
others, and work together to grow the company.
What We Offer:
In addition to work experience, we offer a positive culture - team
events and community involvement add to our culture of inclusion.
All of this allows us to deliver exceptional service, experience
low turnover, and retain an experienced professional staff. As a
values-driven organization, we believe in making the world a better
place. We support national and local charities, and volunteer our
time to help the less fortunate in our local area.
- You will gain hands on experience working in a professional
- Gain knowledge of financial services industry and in particular
private equity funds and SBICs (Small Business Investment
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new
PEF Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does
not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic
information, disability or because he or she is a protected
veteran. Note: This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as
negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. No
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: PEF Services, a CSC company, West Orange , Accounting Intern, Accounting, Auditing , West Orange, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!